In the last 24 hours two of Israel's major news sources have the following headlines:
YNET: Messianic Jews demand Israeli citizenship and
The Jerusalem Post: Aliya expert: Messianic Jews and aliya
The author and expert of the Jpost feature is Maurice Singer, an Independent Consultant and former Senior Aliyah Consultant at the Jewish Agency.
read the answer to the below question and weep (and then discuss):
Q: We are Messianic Jews and would like to make Aliyah. How difficult would this be?

Views: 1729

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out the MJAA video highlights of their 2008 conference and watch messianic attorney Calev Myers scoff at our rabbis.
He's leading the charge to change the Law of Return

Jason Levinson said:
I ran into this article by the Messianic Jewish Alliance of America from about a year ago about their work in Eastern Europe trying to get people to become Messianic and help them with aliyah. I thought others may be interested in it. It is through a MJAA program called "The Russian Emergency Aliyah Fund":
http://www.mjaa.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5579

FYI....for those who don't know the MJAA was the Hebrew Christian Alliance of America until the 1970's. Their original conference booklet had the pictures of each of the attendees, along with their Christian denominations. Still dishonest, but much clearer than the current presentation.
Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah wrote:

"B"H

We already have a set of laws to deal with these issues. It's called halacha.

Only Jews [al pi halacha] and gerei toshav {ie. having received approval of the appropriate beth din} may have permanent residence in Eretz Yisrael.

The Law of Return has almost nothing to do with halacha, and should be thrown out.

Although many Jews practicing foreign forms of worship may in some ways be tinoq shenishba, the protection of Jewish society should override the allowance for them to come here, especially with accepted rabbinic authorities prepared to education and punish those violating Jewish Law, in case those related to avodah zarah, of which Christianity is included."

I agree with this.

Does anyone have stats on the countries of origin many of the "Messianic Jews" seeking to make aliyah through the Law of Return? Are most from the US and other western countries where religious persecution of xianity--all denominations including "Messianic Judaism" isn't a problem? Or are they from Eastern European and Arab countries where's they're stuck between a rock and a hard place?

Would it ever be acceptable or warranted to grant Israeli citizenship to a Messianic Jewish person or family facing intense religious or ethnic persecution on a humanitarian basis because in their home countries they are regarded and mistreated because the government and others regard them as Jews even if Halacha says they are not?

There's so much deception in the whole messianic movement it's hard to tell the truth from lies, especially when it comes to one's motive to move to Israel. The skeptic in me thinks those who identify themselves as "Messianic Jews" only want to make aliyah for missionary work.

A person with a Jewish surname and at least one Jewish parent or grandparent who is secular or xtian and facing persecution for being a Jew I believe would be upfront and not try to use the Messianic Jew title.

Then again...enough generations of Messianic Jewish Christians in Israel would spiritually change the nation forever.

I guess I have more questions than opinions...and suspicions about the movtives of Messianic Jews making aliyah. Frankly, I just don't trust them and think Israel would be better off keeping them out, especially those from the US.
Patty,
A lot of the organized and calculated campaigns and efforts to promote "messianic" aliyah and to change the Law of Return are being orchestrated and supported via evangelical and "messianic" organizations in North America in coordination with their affiliates and partnering churches, congregations, institutions, missions and missionaries within Israel. These organizations also send missionaries to India, Africa (Nigeria and Ethiopia) Latin America , and Russia in search of "lost tribes" and "lost Jews".

So whereas some efforts to bring "lost Jews" and sincere converts to Judaism from remote regions are indeed legit, deceptive evangelical and "messianic" involvement complicates these efforts. For example: There may be 7000 sincere Bnai Menashe from Northern India who want to make aliyah, but there could be millions of members of "messianic" tribes who can't wait to get out of their poverty and bring the gospel to Israel.

It gets complicated and we do need to establish clear counter-missionary and immigration laws based on Torah values.

Does anyone have stats on the countries of origin many of the "Messianic Jews" seeking to make aliyah through the Law of Return? Are most from the US and other western countries where religious persecution of xianity--all denominations including "Messianic Judaism" isn't a problem? Or are they from Eastern European and Arab countries where's they're stuck between a rock and a hard place?
here is another "heads up" - link at bottom of paste: Covert: Update
We have several missionaries in Israel. One couple who is teaching and hosting visiting teams.Another who is an intercessor and stationed in Israel.

God has called some to be known and some to be hidden to complete the work of the Body of Christ. These hidden troops are doing a mighty work in Israel as they have been strategically placed and sent by the Holy Spirit.

We welcome them as a part of our Missions Arm in our global effort to increase the Lord, His Body and presence on the earth. Please join us in support of this hidden yet important work.
http://israel.eaglemissions.org/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Jewish Israel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service