He who saves one soul it's as if he saved the entire world."

Why don't the educated Jews who know Torah go out to the unknowing Jews and show them the words that were written in the Tanakh. Counter attack these christians that are proselytising unknowing Jews showing that these christians are lying and turning the words of G-D around and misquoting what is said in Torah. Prove them wrong. These unknowing Jews are seeking for answers that are in there hearts and Neshama-נשמה they just do not know how or what to do. I say to my fellow Jews go out to your brothers and sisters the same way christians are doing bring them back t where they belong.
He who saves one soul it's as if he saved the entire world."
- Sanhedrin 37a

Views: 1135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya'aqov,
Both you and Penina have interesting points here. Different strokes for different folks. It's interesting that my husband - who was heavily into yoga, meditation and Eastern religions years ago - became Torah Observant under the guidance of a no-frills , grounded accountant. I think some people who are tripping spiritually need to be brought down to earth in a no-nonsense sort of way - via FFBs. Others who are skeptical about religion and spirituality altogether, or who need to be uplifted and inspired can benefit from the enthusiasm and fire of the Baalei Teshuva crowd. Whatever it takes. I always prefer the grounded route - but that's just me - and I'm not FFB

"Peninah, what do you mean by this? ...that we need another Rav Shlomo Carlebach? No disagreement. However, it takes a variety of "flavors" to attract the variety of Jews who exist: Chabbad, Aish HaTorah, Rav Kahane, Machon Meir/Ora, etc.
"
I think that one of our real outreach problems is the number of Jews - all denominations included - that really don't know what they believe in, or more specifically, why - they just accept many things dogmatically. They're afraid of many of the questions and challenges, rightfully.

That the Reform and Conservative movements organized their own outreach programming in response to Christian proselytization in the early to mid 20th century - there seems to have been little Ortho help until the 1970's - suggests that they aren't as far out as many Orthodox would like to believe. We do have to learn to work with them in helping them keep their people in the Covenant, first and formost.

Our job is then to just keep the door open. My 5th grade Rebbe once told me that he never threw someone out of shiur because he was taught by his Rebbe that once someone leaves, even if they come back, they aren't the same person that they were when they left; some special quality of theirs is gone. In a way, that person never comes back

ellen said:
Ya'aqov,
Both you and Penina have interesting points here. Different strokes for different folks. It's interesting that my husband - who was heavily into yoga, meditation and Eastern religions years ago - became Torah Observant under the guidance of a no-frills , grounded accountant. I think some people who are tripping spiritually need to be brought down to earth in a no-nonsense sort of way - via FFBs. Others who are skeptical about religion and spirituality altogether, or who need to be uplifted and inspired can benefit from the enthusiasm and fire of the Baalei Teshuva crowd. Whatever it takes. I always prefer the grounded route - but that's just me - and I'm not FFB

"Peninah, what do you mean by this? ...that we need another Rav Shlomo Carlebach? No disagreement. However, it takes a variety of "flavors" to attract the variety of Jews who exist: Chabbad, Aish HaTorah, Rav Kahane, Machon Meir/Ora, etc.
"
Hi Arik,
Welcome to Jewish Israel and thanks for the positive feedback. We have a lot of work cut out for us. You certainly bring up an important issue with regards to the vocabulary and terminology being used as a means to confuse and deceive Jews, and to deliberately blur the differences between Judaism and Christianity. Jewish Israel intends to produce a comprehensive glossary. We have started this project, and, as you can see, it needs a lot of work. We encourage members of Jewish Israel to assist us with this endeavor. At the same, we don't intend to delve into lengthy dissertations on Christian theology. So any concise definitions on essential terms would be appreciated. Also any material which clearly defines the basic differences between faiths and is presentable for the web (short and concise) would be most welcome. Looking forward to your input and involvement!

Arik Gindes said:
Hi!

For years, I've been on the Messiahtruth forum and I have begged the moderators (who include two professors) to somehow devise a dictionary of terms showing the true Jewish definition of the words I've listed above and to just educate everyone on this. Once it becomes clear that we do NOT worship the same G-d or even worship Him the same way, I think this might be enlightening to most secular Israelis and Jews (and everyone else); not that they were blind or just ignorant to this--it's just that there's been a push by these Messy-antics as I call them, to purposely blur the lines to create no distinction. They repeat the words so often and with their meaning for so long that it becomes common association. However, I think if people were to actually know the meaning to the words that the Messy-antics spout and what the Torah actually says, I think more people will at least be on to them. Especially in light of the fact that there is no theological difference between what Messy-antics believe and what Evangelical, born-again christians espouse. The only difference is that the Messy-antics do this with a window dressing of Jewish rituals/customs/prayers; Jewish customs that are Rabbinic based on the Oral Torah ---the same Oral Torah that christians and Messy-antics claim was made up and not 'biblical"!

I also think that once we get the "vocabulary" cleaned up, then perhaps we then begin to discuss Torah and actually what G-d has said/says about Himself and what He expects of the Jewish People. This way, we can bring even more Jewish souls home and keep those still in the family from "opting" out. If people could see how bright and promising the future of the Jewish People is, perhaps they too might get excited about it as so many who have returned to Judaism and to Mitzvot have discovered.

There are several anti-missionary websites that I promote on my two websites in my posts. I agree with what you are saying here. The xitans do their job well - organizing camps, sports, fliers, etc.

We need manpower to do the same. I believe it is time to reach out to the xtian youth via facebook, blogs, etc. and draw them into conversation to bring them to the 7 noahide laws - grap the xtian youth of today so they will not grow up to kidnap Jewish neshamos.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Jewish Israel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service